ATG’s Equipment Refurbishment Process and Certified Equipment Resale Program are examples of how we stand behind our guarantee of total satisfaction and instrument performance. We are not a typical used lab equipment broker, but we are experts at the equipment services we provide.
ATG’s Refurbishment Process for Used equipment
- Detailed inspection of the instrument including component level diagnostic
- Test to produce an “as found report” for initial performance evaluation
- Refurbishment to manufacturer standards
- Verify all software compliance for firmware/software applications
- Run full calibration / verification on the instrument
- Produce an “As Left” report that accompanies the delivery packet
- Provide training to customer
- Provide support via contracts, phone support etc.
- Extended service warranty for all equipment refurbished or sold
Trade-In Program for Select Instruments
ATG has an instrument trade-in program to address aging late model instruments which no longer meet laboratory needs or that require costly repairs which is not a good investment. Talk to a service representative to learn more about trading up to a fully refurbished unit with a one year service contract or take a credit for future services on existing instruments.
- Molecular Devices Plate Readers
- GE AKTA line of FPLC Instruments
Service Center for "Depot Services"
Our Service Center for all Depot Services and our state of the art Training and R & D facilities is located at 70 Bridge Street, Groton, CT 06340.
Service Center & Customer Support Hours of Operation
ATG takes pride in providing exceptional personal phone support to customers. Our customer and technical services staff are available to speak with you between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Service Management is also available for emergency calls after hours. Please call 860-449-0886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with a quote or contract service.
Depot Services Important Information: Instructions for service request & tips for safely shipping your instrument to our service location.
Our goal is to get your unit repaired properly and returned to you as quickly as possible. The following information outlines our basic depot repair procedures for both contract & non-contract customers. A Return Authorization number is NOT required to send your unit to us.
All units shipped to our location should include
- Make, Model, Serial # and a complete description of the problem or work requested on a separate sheet
- A complete address for both shipment and billing with contact details, including telephone and email information
Non-Contracted customers should contact a service representative at 860-449-0886 to discuss service request prior to sending unit to our service center. A service representative will be able to explain the following:
- Depot labor rates and estimates for service. Our minimum diagnostic charge is $495.00. If you decide to move forward with the service once the estimate is complete, the diagnostic fee will be applied towards the repair.
- Field Service Rates including travel and other considerations.
Shipping Instructions and Helpful Tips: Here are some general packaging guidelines that will help you prepare your package for shipping. Please visit these related links for more information.
Guidelines for Good Packaging: You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines and procedures developed from UPS research.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
ATG established customers have access to our 30 days payment terms. New customers are invited to complete a credit application. While pending approval, service may be paid by Money Order, Company Check, or Credit Card. Purchase Order or credit card authorization is required before service can be scheduled.